Body Piercing Consent Requirements
New York State Public Health Law Article 4-A, Section 460-a, prohibits the owner, operator or employee of a body piercing studio from body piercing a person under eighteen years of age unless a parent or legal guardian provides written consent.
Herein, what piercings can you get at 14?
14 years of age or older with parental consent and proper identification
- Earlobe piercings (no larger than 10 gauge)
- Ear cartilage piercings.
- Navel piercings.
- Facial piercings.
- Oral piercings.
Just so, can you get your nose pierced at 13?
– Minors aged 14-18: Written consent from parent or legal guardian for body piercing, PLUS a parent or legal guardian must be present during the procedure. – NO TATTOOS OR BODY PIERCING FOR MINORS UNDER 14. – Parent or legal guardian must be present with minors when in a tattoo/piercing shop AT ALL TIMES.
What states can you get a tattoo at 16 with parental consent?
Legal status of tattooing in the United States
|State||Minimum Age (with parent/guardian consent)||Intoxicated/Impaired Individuals|
|Maine||18 (piercings excepted)||no restrictions|
|Maryland||none specified||no restriction|
|Massachusetts||18 (except body piercing other than genitalia)||no restriction|
List of States and their Regulations of Tattooing Minors
|Alabama||Minors need parental consent for a tattoo|
|Tennessee||Minors 16 and up can be tattooed with written parental consent|
|Texas||Tattooing minors is prohibited UNLESS to cover an existing obscene or offensive tattoo. Parental consent is required|
Piercings for Minors
- Ear Lobe Piercings. For ages 8 and up. …
- Cartilage Piercings (Helix) For ages 13 and up. …
- Bellybutton (Navel) For ages 13 and up. …
- Nose (Nostril) For ages 16 and up.
Some would say that 14 years old is still too young to have a piercing done. Ultimately, the laws are left up to each state to decide what is legal. Even though it may be legal in your state for your teenager to have her nose pierced, you still may not feel that she is ready.
He noted that 12 is a popular age, but for parents who prefer to do it when their kids are younger, he recommends 4 months, since most babies have had a few tetanus shots by then. Kelly said 12 or 13, the age she got her second piercings, is the ideal age.
North Carolina law prohibits anyone from tattooing a person under age 18. Unlike body piercing, there is no provision under state law for parental consent for a minor to obtain a tattoo.
California Piercing Laws for Minors
That being said, nipple and genital piercings are against the law for all minors, even with parental consent. … Performing a piercing on a minor without the parent present is a misdemeanor.
We are here to provide you with nothing less than the best piercing available.
- 14yr+ Navel. Eyebrow. Nostril. Ear Cartilage. Tragus.
- 16yr+ Lip (any) Conch. Rook. Snug. Daith.
- 18yr+ Septum. Nipple. Genitals. Dermal Anchors. Surface piercings. Industrial. Tongue.
Body piercing of minors without written consent of a parent or legal guardian is against the law. … prohibits body piercing on a person under eighteen (18) years of age unless the person provides the body piercing establishment with written consent from a parent or legal guardian.
Minors need the written consent of a parent or legal guardian to receive a tattoo. No laws currently on age limits for body piercing.