Currently, Ohio’s administrative code permits minors to have genitals or breasts pierced or tattooed if a parent says it’s OK and is present when it’s done. The new rule requires that person to be at least 18 years old.
In respect to this, what do you need to get a piercing at 16 in Ohio?
Tattooing and Body Piercing of a Minor – Requires a minor’s parent or legal guardian to be present in order to either tattoo or perform a body piercing on a minor under age 18. Requires the parent or guardian to also provide written permission for the minor to receive the tattoo or piercing.
Herein, can you get a tattoo at 15 in Ohio?
(A) No person shall perform a tattooing procedure, body piercing procedure, or ear piercing procedure with an ear piercing gun on an individual who is under eighteen years of age unless consent has been given by the individual’s parent, guardian, or custodian in accordance with division (B) of this section.
Can you get a tattoo at 14 in Ohio with parental consent?
In Ohio, anyone under the age of 18 who wants a tattoo or body piercing needs the consent of a parent or guardian. … Assess the sanitary and hygiene practices of the tattoo parlors and tattoo artists. Seek medical care if there are signs and symptoms of infection.
It is illegal for people under the age of 18 to get a tattoo. This legislation was brought in under the Tattooing Of Minors Act 1969. This is the case even if the minor is accompanied by their parents. However, teens can get inked in several European countries from the age of 16 – as long as they have parental consent.
We are here to provide you with nothing less than the best piercing available.
- 14yr+ Navel. Eyebrow. Nostril. Ear Cartilage. Tragus.
- 16yr+ Lip (any) Conch. Rook. Snug. Daith.
- 18yr+ Septum. Nipple. Genitals. Dermal Anchors. Surface piercings. Industrial. Tongue.
Piercings for Minors
- Ear Lobe Piercings. For ages 8 and up. …
- Cartilage Piercings (Helix) For ages 13 and up. …
- Bellybutton (Navel) For ages 13 and up. …
- Nose (Nostril) For ages 16 and up.
– Minors aged 14-18: Written consent from parent or legal guardian for body piercing, PLUS a parent or legal guardian must be present during the procedure. – NO TATTOOS OR BODY PIERCING FOR MINORS UNDER 14. – Parent or legal guardian must be present with minors when in a tattoo/piercing shop AT ALL TIMES.
The heath department says it’s a matter for law enforcement. Police say they’ve got more important things to do. One thing is certain: A video of a local man’s tongue being cut so that it will be forever forked is the visual equivalent of fingernails dragged on a blackboard. State law says splitting tongues is illegal.
18 years of age