They should be done once or twice a day while the piercing heals. To make a salt soak, dissolve a teaspoon of sea salt in half a cup of boiled water. … Do not use iodized salt, kosher salt or Epsom salts, as these can irritate the piercing. However, you can use a store-bought saline solution instead of the sea salt.
Herein, how long sea salt soak belly button piercing?
Also, what do you put on belly button piercings?
How to clean your belly button
- Apply a small amount of soap on the new piercing and the area for about 30 seconds. Thoroughly rinse afterward.
- Use a sterile saline solution to soak the area for 5 to 10 minutes daily.
- Use disposable, soft paper products to pat dry.
Can you wear high waisted pants with a belly button piercing?
It is recommended that you do not wear high waisted jeans to your piercing appointment. Unless you pull them down to a degree, they’ll obstruct the piercing site. After you have your belly button pierced, high waisted jeans would compress the new, sore site and potentially snag your jewelry.
Stay away from unclean water. Just like you should avoid taking a bath and instead take a shower, you should also avoid other pools or collections of water. Water areas like swimming pools, hot tubs, and lakes and rivers should be avoided during the first year after your initial piercing.
The single best thing you can do for your piercing is to keep up a regular regimen of salt water soaks. These flush out the piercing, help to draw out discharge, stimulate blood circulation, and soothe irritations. We strongly suggest soaking your piercing at least twice a day—more often if healing is difficult.
Cleaning belly button piercing with soap and water
Water and a mild soap will do the job perfectly. Look for soap designed for sensitive skin, and avoid anything that’s heavily fragranced. The simplest way to wash your piercing is to do it whilst showering.
What are the treatment options?
- wash the hands before touching the piercing.
- cleanse the area with a piercing cleaning solution.
- apply an antibiotic ointment to the infection.
- avoid removing the piercing unless a doctor suggests doing so.
Follow these simple suggestions to ensure a smooth healing process:
- Maintain a healthy mind and body. Understanding how your body works is important in the successful healing of a new piercing. …
- Get some rest and take it easy. …
- Keep it clean. …
- Consider taking a multivitamin. …
- Get help if something goes wrong.
container. The single best thing you can do for your piercing is to keep a regular regimen of salt water soaks. … These flush out the piercing, help to draw out discharge, stimulate blood circulation, and soothe irritations.