Tea tree oil has been shown to be anti-fungal, antiseptic, and antimicrobial, and to have antibiotic properties against some gram-negative bacteria. The oil can also be used on piercings that become inflamed to provide a boost of antiseptic power between sea salt soaks.
Accordingly, how do you apply tea tree oil to a piercing?
To use, apply the tea tree solution to a cotton swab and wipe it around the piercing. Being gentle with this process can prevent soreness and reduce the risk of dislodging a piercing. If using a salt-and-water solution to clean a piercing, a person may want to add a few drops of tea tree oil to the solution.
One may also ask, how do you heal an infected piercing fast?
Treating the infection at home
- Wash your hands before touching or cleaning your piercing.
- Clean around the piercing with a saltwater rinse three times a day. …
- Don’t use alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, or antibiotic ointments. …
- Don’t remove the piercing. …
- Clean the piercing on both sides of your earlobe.