The single best thing you can do for your piercing is to keep up a regular regimen of salt water soaks. … Use pure sea salt (non-iodized) and not table salt, which contains extra chemicals that can irritate your piercing and dextrose (sugar) that can cause yeast infections.
In this manner, how many weeks do you sea salt soak a piercing?
Hereof, what happens if you use iodized salt on a piercing?
You can use iodized sea salt, but honestly speaking from personal experience it just irritates your piercing more than anything. … I would wash it with the salt once a day until you can get to the drug store and buy a saline spray/generic piercing spray that you can use a few times a day.
Can I use Morton Sea Salt for piercing?
container. The single best thing you can do for your piercing is to keep a regular regimen of salt water soaks. … These flush out the piercing, help to draw out discharge, stimulate blood circulation, and soothe irritations.
8 Related Question Answers Found
Use a shot glass, cup, or bowl to soak the piercing for 10 minutes. Then rinse with distilled water or shower, as mentioned above, to get rid of any salt crystals that might form when dry. … Just like showering, the warm sea salt solution will open up capillaries and pores to flush the area, and increase oxygen.
If you aren’t experiencing severe symptoms, you may be able to use the following methods to treat your cartilage bump at home.
- You may need to change your jewelry. …
- Make sure you clean your piercing. …
- Cleanse with a saline or sea salt soak. …
- Use a chamomile compress. …
- Apply diluted tea tree oil.
It can take several weeks to fully heal a nose piercing bump, but you should see improvement within 2 or 3 days of treatment.
You can use warm water and soap. Just keep it clean. Alcohol is ok too. If you want to use salt water that’s fine but not necessary.
5: can i use any saline solution to clean my piercing? No, you don’t use any saline solution for piercing. contact saline solutions are not for piercing purposes. You can use piercing saline solution for cleaning the piercing.
How to do a sea salt soak
- Pour 1 cup of warm water into a cup or bowl. Use distilled or bottled water.
- Add 1/8 to 1/4 of a teaspoon of the sea salt, and allow it to dissolve. …
- Dip squares of clean gauze or dressing into the sea salt solution and allow them to saturate.
- Apply them to your piercing.
When the piercing is days old and still in the “basically an open wound” stage, it may sting to wash. It shouldn’t hurt more than washing a cut, and will probably be less. Once it’s medium-healed, there is sometimes an uncomfortable pulling sensation as you dislodge the crud that builds up.
Five ways to get rid of a nose piercing bump
- Use proper aftercare. Proper aftercare should prevent damage to tissue or an infection that could cause a bump. …
- Use hypoallergenic jewelry. …
- Use a sea salt solution. …
- Try tea tree oil. …
- Apply a warm compress.