There are specialist services, charities and other organisations who will take your unwanted or broken jewellery. Jewellery and watches are accepted by many charities. They can be recycled or re-sold to raise valuable funds.
One may also ask, can earrings be donated?
Well, it turns out that the answer is yes! Different organizations have offered to receive donations of used jewelry and accessories.
Keeping this in view, can you give jewelry to charity?
You can donate jewellery or watches of any material, even if they’re damaged or broken.
What can I do with old stud earrings?
If you enjoy making jewelry, there are several items you can repurpose the earring into, such as:
- Making a brooch from the earring. Break the backing or post off the earring, then glue to a brooch back. …
- Turning it into a hat pin embellishment. …
- Adding the brooch to a necklace, bracelet or bangle design.
CROCKERY AND CUTLERY
- Ask family and friends if they would like them – they could be just what they want!
- Donate it to a charity shop or local re-use organisation;
- Go online to give it away – try sites like Freecycle and Freegle.
7 Ways to Turn Unwanted Jewelry Into Cash:
- Sell your scrap. Broken or damaged pieces, single earrings, or kinked chains are perfect for selling for scrap. …
- Sell costume pieces on eBay. …
- Sell parts and pieces Etsy. …
- Use Craigslist. …
- Try a local flea market. …
- Visit your local antique shop. …
- Try TopHatter.
Here are a couple ideas for using old jewelry to create new pieces:
- Cut apart old beaded necklaces and restring them in new combinations.
- Attach the dangly parts of fancy earrings to necklaces.
- Wrap necklaces around your wrist for an instant armful of bracelets.
Getting rid of jewelry
As for pieces you no longer want, donate them. Many charities accept fine jewelry donations, including Goodwill, the Salvation Army and Support Our Troops. If you want to unload costume jewelry, look into organizations such as Dress for Success, Suited for Change and I Have Wings .