The most common method is boiling water. Bring a small saucepan of water to boil and let your tongue jewelry sit in the boiling water for two to three minutes. During this time, you could rinse with a mouthwash, brush your tongue, or practice other oral health hygiene.
One may also ask, why does my tongue ring have white stuff on it?
The white ring on your tongue is normal too. That is lymph fluid from your tongue piercing trying to create a scab on your tongue. However because of your mouth being moist area, your tongue piercing cannot “crust” like other piercings and create “crusties”.
Always wash hands thoroughly before contact with piercing. Do not use rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide. (Both slow the healing of pierced area by drying and killing new healthy cells.) Do not use bacitracin or other ointments.
Likewise, people ask, how can I make my tongue piercing heal faster?
Some other strategies that can speed healing include:
- brushing the teeth regularly to keep the mouth clean.
- rinsing the piercing after each meal.
- not smoking.
- minimizing talking during the first few days.
- not playing with or touching the piercing.
How do you know if your body is rejecting a tongue piercing?
Symptoms of piercing rejection
more of the jewelry becoming visible on the outside of the piercing. the piercing remaining sore, red, irritated, or dry after the first few days. the jewelry becoming visible under the skin. the piercing hole appearing to be getting larger.
1 Related Question Answers Found
On the flip side, don’t:
- use tongue scrapers.
- play with your jewelry.
- engage in french kissing or oral sex until the piercing has completely healed.
- play contact sports with your jewelry in your tongue.
- smoke or drink alcohol during the healing process.