With sea salt soak
- Add 1 teaspoon of sea salt to an 8-ounce glass of warm water.
- Use a clean spoon to stir the mixture until the all of the salt dissolves.
- Then, follow the cleaning instructions outlined above using your sea salt solution.
Thereof, how do you make a sea salt solution for piercings?
Here’s how to prepare a sea salt solution for cleaning or soaking your piercing: Pour 1 cup of warm water into a cup or bowl. Use distilled or bottled water. Add 1/8 to 1/4 of a teaspoon of the sea salt, and allow it to dissolve.
Correspondingly, should I soak my tragus piercing in salt water?
Purchase 1 gallon (3.8 L) of distilled water and natural sea salts. Beginning the day after your tragus was pierced, plan to clean your tragus 1-2 times a day for 6-8 weeks. … You can stop doing saline water soaks once the tragus piercing has healed.
How do you sleep with a tragus piercing?
Try not to sleep on your piercings. Like wearing headphones, sleeping on your side puts pressure on the earring. If you must sleep on your side, try to limit the time you spend. You should also make sure that your bedding is always clean to avoid harmful bacteria.
Follow these simple suggestions to ensure a smooth healing process:
- Maintain a healthy mind and body. Understanding how your body works is important in the successful healing of a new piercing. …
- Get some rest and take it easy. …
- Keep it clean. …
- Consider taking a multivitamin. …
- Get help if something goes wrong.
Saline solutions are best for cleaning your piercing. It’s a simple ph-balanced solution mixture of water and salt-containing 0.9% salt. Saline solution use in medicine and for cleaning wounds. So, clean your piercing with a saline solution rather than a contact solution.
Tragus Piercing Aftercare
During the entire healing period you want to avoid rotating the jewelry. This is because if it scabs rotating the jewelry will rip that scab and disrupt the healing process. You should avoid sleeping on the piercing if possible and try not to hit or knock it with a brush or hand.
Any piercing results in an open wound, which can take around 6 to 8 weeks to heal. However, cartilage piercings, such as the tragus, can take much longer. … Long hair can also get caught in the piercing, irritate the wound, prevent it from healing, and increase the risk of infection.
Does a tragus piercing hurt more than daith? Most say the tragus is the less painful of the two, although an individual’s pain tolerance plays a large factor in this question.
If you aren’t experiencing severe symptoms, you may be able to use the following methods to treat your cartilage bump at home.
- You may need to change your jewelry. …
- Make sure you clean your piercing. …
- Cleanse with a saline or sea salt soak. …
- Use a chamomile compress. …
- Apply diluted tea tree oil.