- Eat slowly for the first few days.
- Don’t eat hot, spicy, or sticky foods for the first few days, at least.
- Don’t smoke while healing.
- Don’t drink alcohol while healing.
- Ice cream or a popsicle will reduce the swelling if needed.
- After you eat, wash your mouth out with a non-alcoholic mouthwash.
Keeping this in view, do Medusa piercings ever heal?
Medusa piercings usually take about 6-12 weeks to heal on average, but this isn’t a guarantee. Cleaning your body piercing regularly is a MUST during the healing process. It’s also important to keep the original jewelry in during the healing period.
One may also ask, will a Medusa Piercing make my lip look bigger?
Tips and Tricks
The vertical Medusa will make the top lip seem fuller.
How do you heal the Medusa hole?
- Wash your hands thoroughly before cleaning your piercing.
- Use a sterile saline solution, like NeilMed Piercing Aftercare Spray or NeilMed Wound Wash Spray at least twice daily.
- Practice proper oral hygiene.
- Use a new toothbrush.
What is a Ashley piercing?
As one of the few true lip piercings, the Ashley piercing consists of a single puncture through the center of the lower lip, exiting through the back of the lip into the mouth. … The Ashley piercing typically uses a labret stud with a dainty charm, ball, or gemstone sitting on the lower lip.
What is the most painful piercing?
Most Painful Piercings
- Daith. A daith piercing is a puncture to the lump of cartilage in your inner ear, above the ear canal. …
- Helix. The helix piercing is placed in the cartilage groove of the upper ear. …
- Rook. …
- Conch. …
- Industrial. …
- Dermal Anchor. …
- Septum. …
Can you remove Medusa Piercing?
Side Effects of Piercing
Crusting: “Philtrum piercings often create discharge during the healing stages,” says Pearce. This can result in crust around the piercing. Don’t worry—this is totally normal! “Don’t pick at it or forcefully remove anything.
Will my Medusa Piercing close overnight?
Because the fistula (healed hole) in a philitrum piercing touches without jewellery, it wants to close up fast. Some people can take theirs out for a few hours and find the hole is smaller. For some, that might take days, or a week or two. The max closing time is probably 3 months.
Why do they call it a Medusa piercing?
History of the medusa piercing
It was named by a Canadian hairdresser. This piercing is placed in the philtrum, which is the indentation slightly above your upper lip. The piercing is called a medusa simply because it sounds more attractive than an inverse labret or a philtrum piercing.
How much does a Medusa Piercing cost?
Although prices vary, this piercing will cost you somewhere between $40 and $80. Since the piercing is located near many nerve endings, needs to be centrally located, and is extra susceptible to bacterial infection because of its location in the mouth, you won’t want to skimp on the quality of your piercer.