Here are a few tips to reduce the likelihood of rejection:
- Getting a larger gauge, or width, may reduce your chance of rejection.
- Speak with your piercer about the depth of the piercing and the best size for jewelry to wear while you’re healing.
- Follow all aftercare instructions.
Then, what is the most dangerous tongue piercing?
The Snake Eyes piercing, which may look like two separate piercings, is actually a curved bullbar that penetrates horizontally through the tongue. The hazard it has on the tongue is that it binds the two muscles, meaning they are unable to move independently.
Moreover, what hurts more snake eyes or regular tongue piercing?
Will it hurt? Yep, most likely. According to people who have a venom piercing, it’s usually described as being well above a 5 on a scale from 1 to 10. They also say it’s considerably more painful than a regular tongue piercing, and the second piercing may hurt more than the first.
What piercings reject the most?
What piercings reject the most? Surface piercings have the highest rejection rate. Surface piercings such as microdermals as well as eyebrow piercings and navel piercings reject the most because they are closest to the surface of the skin.
Symptoms of piercing rejection
- more of the jewelry becoming visible on the outside of the piercing.
- the piercing remaining sore, red, irritated, or dry after the first few days.
- the jewelry becoming visible under the skin.
- the piercing hole appearing to be getting larger.
- the jewelry looking like it is hanging differently.
About tongue piercings, it is true that tongue piercings do not completely close up if they have completely healed before the tongue stud is removed. … If the tongue piercing is removed for even one night, it will partially close up as it is a muscle, which is very unlike ear piercings.
Most piercers consider the snake eyes piercing to be unsafe. Most reputable piercing shops refuse to do it. There’s a high risk of rejection as well as gum rejection, cracking or chipping of the teeth. … Health isn’t the only concern stopping people from getting this piercing.
Some other strategies that can speed healing include:
- brushing the teeth regularly to keep the mouth clean.
- rinsing the piercing after each meal.
- not smoking.
- minimizing talking during the first few days.
- not playing with or touching the piercing.
As one of the few true lip piercings, the Ashley piercing consists of a single puncture through the center of the lower lip, exiting through the back of the lip into the mouth. … The Ashley piercing typically uses a labret stud with a dainty charm, ball, or gemstone sitting on the lower lip.
Snake Eyes Piercing Pain – How Much Do They Hurt? The thought of having a small bar and two holes put in your tongue may freak you out, but surprisingly this piercing doesn’t hurt as much as you might think it would. … One person may barely feel any pain, while the next may complain about it for weeks.
People who’ve had their piercing in for years reported it closing up in a matter of days. For others, it can be about a week or two.
On the flip side, don’t:
- use tongue scrapers.
- play with your jewelry.
- engage in french kissing or oral sex until the piercing has completely healed.
- play contact sports with your jewelry in your tongue.
- smoke or drink alcohol during the healing process.
Some people rate the pain of a tongue piercing as quite low, others say the healing process is more painful than the actual piercing. That being said, when considering getting your tongue pierced, you should go in expecting to experience at least some pain.
DO NOT use mouthwash with alcohol in it. This will irritate the piercing, and it will hurt. Along those lines, you should also avoid eating any spicy or acidic foods as your tongue piercing heals. Basically, avoid anything that you wouldn’t want exposed to an open wound.