Oral Web Piercing Aftercare
- Rinse Your Mouth Regularly. You’ll need to swish your mouth 3-6 times per day with a saline-based oral piercing aftercare rinse while your frenulum piercing heals. …
- Brush Your Teeth & Floss Carefully. …
- Eat Soft Foods the First Week or So. …
- Generally Take Care of Yourself.
In this way, what do I clean my tongue piercing with?
Oral Piercing Care
Rinse your tongue or lip piercing after every meal or snack and before bed. Use warm salt water or an antibacterial, alcohol-free mouthwash. Not kiss anyone while you heal. (Avoid contact with someone else’s saliva.)
Beside this, how can you tell if your tongue web piercing is infected?
Redness or swelling that extends beyond the
- uncomfortable swelling.
- persistent warmth.
- severe pain.
- excessive bleeding.
- pus or yellow discharge.
- bump at the front or back of the piercing.
What is an Ashley piercing?
As one of the few true lip piercings, the Ashley piercing consists of a single puncture through the center of the lower lip, exiting through the back of the lip into the mouth. … The Ashley piercing typically uses a labret stud with a dainty charm, ball, or gemstone sitting on the lower lip.
9 Related Question Answers Found
Most people who have lip or tongue piercings succumb to the temptation of biting or playing with the jewelry. A hard piece of metal in your mouth makes you more susceptible to chipped or scratched teeth. The metal in a piercing can also damage expensive dental work in your mouth.
Continue your regular oral hygiene routine as your tongue piercing heals, but be gentle. … If you normally use an alcohol-based mouthwash like Listerine, switch to a gentle, breath-freshening, non-alcoholic alternative like Recovery Oral Piercing Aftercare during the tongue piercing healing process.
Some other strategies that can speed healing include:
- brushing the teeth regularly to keep the mouth clean.
- rinsing the piercing after each meal.
- not smoking.
- minimizing talking during the first few days.
- not playing with or touching the piercing.
Is it normal for tongue to turn white after getting it pierced? You may experience a white coating on your tongue, this could be due to good bacteria responding to the piercing or yeast bacteria. … Avoid any dairy products such as yogurt or milk to avoid growth of yeast bacteria, which could lead to yeast infection.
Tongue web piercings are a very popular alternative to traditional tongue piercings. The tongue web is the thin membrane just below and attached to the tongue itself. There are many advantages to tongue web piercings as opposed to a normal tongue piercing, including the lack of pain, swelling and ease of healing.
The tongue is supplied by the hypoglossal nerve and the lingual branch of the trigeminal nerve. These nerves can be damaged during piercing and permanent paralysis of the tongue can occur.
Symptoms of piercing rejection
- more of the jewelry becoming visible on the outside of the piercing.
- the piercing remaining sore, red, irritated, or dry after the first few days.
- the jewelry becoming visible under the skin.
- the piercing hole appearing to be getting larger.
- the jewelry looking like it is hanging differently.
Web piercings are a popular choice because they can be easy to show off or be easy to conceal and keep hidden depending on the jewelry chosen for the piercing.
Home care for tongue problems
- Avoid hot and spicy foods.
- Try to drink only cold beverages and eat only bland, soft foods until the sore has healed.
- You may also try OTC oral pain treatments.
- You can rinse your mouth with warm saltwater or a mixture of warm water and baking soda.
- You can ice the sore.