The piercer will have put in super long bars (probably an inch or so) and even though the swelling may subside after a week or two, they will want you to leave the long bars in for a couple of months, because you will be very sensitive to flare ups.
Beside this, how do I get my cheek piercing swelling to go down?
Beside above, how long does it take for a dimple piercing to heal?
How do dimple piercings heal?
During the healing process, do:
- Keep the area covered with a bandage for a few days.
- Wash your hands with antibacterial soap before touching the area.
- Use a new paper towel each time you clean the piercing.
- Clean twice daily with a sea salt or saline solution.
- Gently wipe away any crust that’s formed between cleansings.
As one of the few true lip piercings, the Ashley piercing consists of a single puncture through the center of the lower lip, exiting through the back of the lip into the mouth. … The Ashley piercing typically uses a labret stud with a dainty charm, ball, or gemstone sitting on the lower lip.
Symptoms of piercing rejection
- more of the jewelry becoming visible on the outside of the piercing.
- the piercing remaining sore, red, irritated, or dry after the first few days.
- the jewelry becoming visible under the skin.
- the piercing hole appearing to be getting larger.
- the jewelry looking like it is hanging differently.
When to remove a piercing
If a new piercing is infected, it is best not to remove the earring. Removing the piercing can allow the wound to close, trapping the infection within the skin. For this reason, it is advisable not to remove an earring from an infected ear unless advised by a doctor or professional piercer.
How much does the piercing usually cost? Back dimple piercings typically cost around $70 to $80 each. Jewelry isn’t always included in the cost, so you might need to factor in an extra $10 to $20 for each piece, depending on the material.
Swelling and inflammation: Days 4–10
The swelling tends to increase for several days after the piercing, and it may last for a week or slightly longer .
Ice: Ice helps decrease swelling and pain. Use an ice pack, or put crushed ice in a plastic bag. Cover it with a towel and place it on your earlobe for 15 to 20 minutes every hour or as directed.
Anti-inflammatories: OTC Ibuprofen or Naproxen Sodium (taken according to package directions) can help with swelling and pain associated with oral piercings.
|Healing||6 months minimum, can take up to a year.|
The cheek piercing (also known as the dimple piercing) allows you to emulate the dimpled look even if you don’t have dimples.
You can gently hold the spot either with both your index fingers or anything with a rounded tip like a makeup brush or pencil. Smile and then again stick your fingers on the same spot, try to have a wide grin and then reposition your fingers, this is the spot where the dimples occur naturally.