Belly Button Piercing Aftercare. Unlike pierced ears, which take 4-6 weeks to heal, your belly button may not fully heal for up to 1 year. You’ll go home with tips on how to keep your new piercing clean and prevent infection.
Keeping this in view, how can you speed up the healing of a piercing?
USE WARM SEA SALT WATER (SALINE) SOAKS – MORNING AND EVENING
Soaking your piercing with a warm, mild sea salt water solution will not only feel good, it will also help prevent infection, reduce the risk of scarring, and speed the healing of your piercing.
Also know, how do you clean a new belly button piercing?
What can you not do after getting your bellybutton pierced?
During the healing process, you should do the following:
- Avoid hot tubs, pools, and lakes. Your wound can come into contact with bacteria in the water.
- Opt for clean, loose-fitting clothing. Tight garments can irritate the area and trap bacteria.
- Protect the piercing. …
- Avoid the sun to prevent sunburns.
Does Claire’s do belly piercings?
Belly Button Rings & Belly Bars | Claire’s US.
What to put on healing piercings?
During the initial healing time, clean your piercing morning and evening as follows:
- Always wash your hands before any kind of contact with the piercing or the area around it. …
- Spray your piercing twice daily with the sterile wound wash saline. …
- Be sure to rinse your piercing after showering.
Can I ice my piercing?
Turn the piercing: Rotate the piercing several times each day so that your earlobe does not swell around it. Ice: Ice helps decrease swelling and pain. Use an ice pack, or put crushed ice in a plastic bag. Cover it with a towel and place it on your earlobe for 15 to 20 minutes every hour or as directed.
How do you heal an infected belly piercing?
What are the treatment options?
- wash the hands before touching the piercing.
- cleanse the area with a piercing cleaning solution.
- apply an antibiotic ointment to the infection.
- avoid removing the piercing unless a doctor suggests doing so.
Is my belly piercing infected or healing?
You must wash your piercing twice daily with a salt solution and clean cotton swab to prevent bacterial growth and infection. Many people, however, mistake signs of healing for an infected belly button. You may experience persistent redness around the belly button and soreness that is simply a symptom of healing.
How painful is a belly piercing?
Pain and Healing Time
Although you may think a belly button piercing wouldn’t hurt that much due to being on your stomach, it will hurt slightly—just like any other piercing. Because the skin on your stomach is fleshy, it’s true that you can probably expect it to be less painful than some sort of cartilage piercing.
Can I clean my belly button piercing with peroxide?
Clean the piercing
Use a saltwater mixture (1/2 tsp sea salt per 1 cup of water) to help remove any dried healing secretions. … Do not use alcohol or hydrogen peroxide, as these can dry out your skin and irritate the area around the piercing.
How do you know if your belly button piercing is being rejected?
Symptoms of piercing rejection
- The jewelry has noticeably moved from its original place.
- The amount of tissue between the entrance and exit holes gets thinner (there should be at least a quarter inch of tissue between holes).
- The entrance and exit holes increase in size.
- The jewelry starts to hang or droop differently.
What saline solution is good for piercings?
Make a soaking solution by mixing sea salt and distilled water. Use pure sea salt (non-iodized) and not table salt, which contains extra chemicals that can irritate your piercing and dextrose (sugar) that can cause yeast infections.