Overall, the initial pain should be over in about a minute or two; the time required to pierce two holes and place the jewelry through them. Pain during the aftercare stage can last throughout the entire healing process. That’s usually 6 to 8 months for this piercing.
Furthermore, how do I get my industrial piercing to stop hurting?
- Apply a steeped tea bag to the inside of your elbow.
- Remove the tea bag after two to three minutes. Don’t rinse the area. Let it air dry.
- If you don’t experience any irritation or inflammation within 24 hours, it should be safe to apply a chamomile compress to your ear cartilage.
Secondly, how long does an industrial piercing take to heal?
Should I move my industrial piercing while cleaning it?
–Never spin the jewelry, move it back and forth, or move it while you’re cleaning it. The jewelry may feel tight or like it’s not moving around and that is OK.
Rinse it off by taking the water in your hand and splashing it gently on your ear.
- Now you can carry on with your bathing, but make sure that you don’t get shampoo into your piercing when you wash your hair. …
- Use salt spray or a sea salt soak for about three to five minutes a day on the piercing.
While you shouldn’t place ice directly on your piercing, you can put a cold, wet washcloth on it to relieve the pain. Just make sure you only use that washcloth on your ear once and that you don’t try to put more water on it, wring it out and use it again.
Proponents of ear stapling claim that the staples stimulate a pressure point that controls appetite, leading to weight loss. Small surgical staples are placed into the inner cartilage of each ear.
This cool industrial bar for cartilage piercings will add a pretty touch to your cool cartilage piercings. It has a delicate key design embellished with pretty clear gems.
You tend to draw people in with your charming personality, but you only have a few very close friends. You‘re less likely to get hurt that way, because you may look all rough and tumble, but you‘re a big softy on the inside.
Before cleaning the piercing make sure you have clean hands, use the saline soak twice daily and dry the piercing with a clean, disposable paper towel. During the healing process you will want to avoid sleeping on the side of your new piercing or getting it caught on your hair or clothing.
15 Industrial Piercing Ideas That Rock
- a beautifully accessorized ear with three lobe piercings, a tragus and an industrial one all done with similar studs and a bar.
- a bold ear with four lobe piercings, a daith piercing and an industrial one with shiny earrings and a bar.
Most people’s ears are suitable to get an industrial piercing. However some people’s ears don’t have a prominent ridge on the upper part of the ear. If your ear has a prominent ridge that runs from the upper part of the ear to about midway then you should be able to get an industrial no problem.
Broken down to basics, an industrial piercing is two holes connected by one piece of jewelry—typically a barbell. … “Most people do not have the right anatomy to get a traditional industrial piercing,” she says.