Piercing Age Restrictions
|Piercing Types||Minimum Age|
|With Parental Consent||With ID|
Also to know is, can you get a lip piercing at 16?
– No one under the age of 16 may be pierced. – Anyone age 16-17 may only be pierced with written consent from parent or legal guardian and consent MUST be witnessed by the piercer (that means your parent or legal guardian has to be in the shop while signing).
Accordingly, what piercings can you get at 14?
14 years of age or older with parental consent and proper identification
- Earlobe piercings (no larger than 10 gauge)
- Ear cartilage piercings.
- Navel piercings.
- Facial piercings.
- Oral piercings.
Do lip piercings hurt kissing?
When your lip or tongue piercing is healing, you’ll need to keep the jewelry as still as possible. Unfortunately, this means refraining from french kissing for a while. Not only will kissing introduce the healing piercing to debris and bacteria, but it will also cause movement that could damage the piercing.
Piercings for Minors
- Ear Lobe Piercings. For ages 8 and up. …
- Cartilage Piercings (Helix) For ages 13 and up. …
- Bellybutton (Navel) For ages 13 and up. …
- Nose (Nostril) For ages 16 and up.
Some would say that 14 years old is still too young to have a piercing done. Ultimately, the laws are left up to each state to decide what is legal. Even though it may be legal in your state for your teenager to have her nose pierced, you still may not feel that she is ready.
We are here to provide you with nothing less than the best piercing available.
- 14yr+ Navel. Eyebrow. Nostril. Ear Cartilage. Tragus.
- 16yr+ Lip (any) Conch. Rook. Snug. Daith.
- 18yr+ Septum. Nipple. Genitals. Dermal Anchors. Surface piercings. Industrial. Tongue.
Children Ages 16-17: Various Cartilage, Nostrils, Navels. For teens ages 16 & 17, in addition to earlobes, we can also offer various cartilage piercings like tragus and conch (and others!), and nostril piercings. These longer healing piercings (generally 6+ months) take a little more maturity to successfully heal.
Everyone’s pain tolerance is different. Most people don’t report a ton of pain with the vertical lip piercing. Some have rated it around a 4 on a scale of 1 to 10. It may hurt more than ear, nose, or other piercings because the tissue around your mouth is sensitive and dense with nerve endings.
Getting a tattoo at 13 years old is not common, nor is it easy. Many states require that a minor be tattooed by a licensed physician, or at least in the presence of one. A 13 year old can get a tattoo legally in 22 states (listed above) with written parental consent.
Can a 12 year old get their helix piercing? No, a 12–year–old teenager doesn’t get a helix piercing, he can get helix piercing after 13 years old. … You need a photo of you with parental consent of getting pierced.
All services are done on a walk-in basis except for earlobe
|13 to 15 years old||Earlobes and Outer Ear/Helix Piercings Baltimore only: Nostril and Septum Piercings|
Consent and Other Considerations
Goode suggests waiting until at least age 10 for a second earlobe piercing; 13 for a cartilage piercing; age 14 for nostrils, lips and navels; age 15 for a tragus; and 17 or 18 for an industrial piercing.