Also question is, what piercing can you get at 14?
14 years of age or older with parental consent and proper identification
- Earlobe piercings (no larger than 10 gauge)
- Ear cartilage piercings.
- Navel piercings.
- Facial piercings.
- Oral piercings.
People also ask, can you get your nose pierced at 13?
– Minors aged 14-18: Written consent from parent or legal guardian for body piercing, PLUS a parent or legal guardian must be present during the procedure. – NO TATTOOS OR BODY PIERCING FOR MINORS UNDER 14. – Parent or legal guardian must be present with minors when in a tattoo/piercing shop AT ALL TIMES.
What piercings can a 12 year old get?
We are here to provide you with nothing less than the best piercing available.
- 14yr+ Navel. Eyebrow. Nostril. Ear Cartilage. Tragus.
- 16yr+ Lip (any) Conch. Rook. Snug. Daith.
- 18yr+ Septum. Nipple. Genitals. Dermal Anchors. Surface piercings. Industrial. Tongue.
13 was passed. This bill addressed tattooing in Indiana. … The law lists criminal penalties for tattoo artists that provide tattoos to persons less than 18 years, unless a parent or legal guardian is present at the time the tattoo is provided and provides written permission for the person to receive the tattoo.
Piercings for Minors
- Ear Lobe Piercings. For ages 8 and up. …
- Cartilage Piercings (Helix) For ages 13 and up. …
- Bellybutton (Navel) For ages 13 and up. …
- Nose (Nostril) For ages 16 and up.
Some would say that 14 years old is still too young to have a piercing done. Ultimately, the laws are left up to each state to decide what is legal. Even though it may be legal in your state for your teenager to have her nose pierced, you still may not feel that she is ready.
He noted that 12 is a popular age, but for parents who prefer to do it when their kids are younger, he recommends 4 months, since most babies have had a few tetanus shots by then. Kelly said 12 or 13, the age she got her second piercings, is the ideal age.
Most Painful Piercings
- Daith. A daith piercing is a puncture to the lump of cartilage in your inner ear, above the ear canal. …
- Helix. The helix piercing is placed in the cartilage groove of the upper ear. …
- Rook. …
- Conch. …
- Industrial. …
- Dermal Anchor. …
- Septum. …
Legal status of tattooing in the United States
|State||Minimum Age (with parent/guardian consent)||Intoxicated/Impaired Individuals|
|Maine||18 (piercings excepted)||no restrictions|
|Maryland||none specified||no restriction|
|Massachusetts||18 (except body piercing other than genitalia)||no restriction|
Piercings for Minors
|8 to 12 years old||Earlobes (By Appointment Only. See Below.)|
|13 to 15 years old||Earlobes and Outer Ear/Helix Piercings Baltimore only: Nostril and Septum Piercings|
The law lists criminal penalties for body piercers who perform body piercing upon persons less than 18 years, unless a parent or legal guardian is present at the time of the body piercing and provides written permission for the person to undergo the body piercing.
If you’re 14 to 16 you must bring a parent or guardian. Also, piercings below the neck and on tongues at this age are carried out at the discretion of the piercer. … Tongue piercing is usually perfectly safe but there are some possible risks to teeth and overall health, including chipped teeth or infections.
For those with a symmetrical face, the piercing will look equally good on either side. But those with an asymmetrical face will usually find a nostril piercing flatters one side of the face more than the other. In this case, you can try wearing an artificial nose ring and see which side you prefer.