Laws relating to piercing in Australia
In Victoria, it is also illegal for a body piercer to perform body piercing on a person under 16 years of age, without obtaining written consent from: the parent or guardian of the person to be pierced.
Also question is, can you get a tongue piercing at 11?
This includes not giving anybody a piercing under the age of 14 years. If you‘re 14 to 16 you must bring a parent or guardian. … Tongue piercing is usually perfectly safe but there are some possible risks to teeth and overall health, including chipped teeth or infections.
Consequently, how much is a tongue piercing in Australia?
What piercings can a 12 year old get?
We are here to provide you with nothing less than the best piercing available.
- 14yr+ Navel. Eyebrow. Nostril. Ear Cartilage. Tragus.
- 16yr+ Lip (any) Conch. Rook. Snug. Daith.
- 18yr+ Septum. Nipple. Genitals. Dermal Anchors. Surface piercings. Industrial. Tongue.
– Minors aged 14-18: Written consent from parent or legal guardian for body piercing, PLUS a parent or legal guardian must be present during the procedure. – NO TATTOOS OR BODY PIERCING FOR MINORS UNDER 14. – Parent or legal guardian must be present with minors when in a tattoo/piercing shop AT ALL TIMES.
Some would say that 14 years old is still too young to have a piercing done. Ultimately, the laws are left up to each state to decide what is legal. Even though it may be legal in your state for your teenager to have her nose pierced, you still may not feel that she is ready.
If you’re between 14–16, a parent or guardian must be present. Some piercer’s can refuse to give tongue piercings on their own discretion or the entire parlour may have a higher age limit. So, if you’re on the younger side, check out the limits before you go.
Piercings for Minors
- Ear Lobe Piercings. For ages 8 and up. …
- Cartilage Piercings (Helix) For ages 13 and up. …
- Bellybutton (Navel) For ages 13 and up. …
- Nose (Nostril) For ages 16 and up.
Children Ages 10-17: Earlobes
A single earlobe piercing for ages 10-17. Click to book. A pair of earlobe piercings for ages 10-17.
Tattooing and Body Piercing of a Minor – It is unlawful for anyone to tattoo or pierce a minor under age 18 without the consent of the minor’s parent or legal custodian, who must accompany them to the procedure.
A 13–year–old wants to get a belly button piercing, but you can say “no” to a tween without having reasons to back you up. Piercing guns cannot be sterilized unless they have a removable needle. … A hole in the navel can be an open pathway into the abdominal cavity for infection.