– Minors aged 14-18: Written consent from parent or legal guardian for body piercing, PLUS a parent or legal guardian must be present during the procedure. – NO TATTOOS OR BODY PIERCING FOR MINORS UNDER 14. – Parent or legal guardian must be present with minors when in a tattoo/piercing shop AT ALL TIMES.
Also, how old do you have to be to pierce your belly button?
Minors aged 14-18 need the written consent and the presence of the parent or legal guardian to receive a piercing or tattoo.
Keeping this in view, what piercings can you get at 14?
14 years of age or older with parental consent and proper identification
- Earlobe piercings (no larger than 10 gauge)
- Ear cartilage piercings.
- Navel piercings.
- Facial piercings.
- Oral piercings.
What piercings can a 13 year old get?
Piercings for Minors
- Ear Lobe Piercings. For ages 8 and up. …
- Cartilage Piercings (Helix) For ages 13 and up. …
- Bellybutton (Navel) For ages 13 and up. …
- Nose (Nostril) For ages 16 and up.
We are here to provide you with nothing less than the best piercing available.
- 14yr+ Navel. Eyebrow. Nostril. Ear Cartilage. Tragus.
- 16yr+ Lip (any) Conch. Rook. Snug. Daith.
- 18yr+ Septum. Nipple. Genitals. Dermal Anchors. Surface piercings. Industrial. Tongue.
If you’re 14 to 16 you must bring a parent or guardian. Also, piercings below the neck and on tongues at this age are carried out at the discretion of the piercer. … Tongue piercing is usually perfectly safe but there are some possible risks to teeth and overall health, including chipped teeth or infections.
Getting a tattoo at 13 years old is not common, nor is it easy. Many states require that a minor be tattooed by a licensed physician, or at least in the presence of one. A 13 year old can get a tattoo legally in 22 states (listed above) with written parental consent.
A navel piercing’s aftercare isn’t hard, but 12 year olds aren’t likely to follow it. 2 saline soaks per day, showering more often, no swimming, no touching or playing with the jewelry, and wearing looser garments to avoid friction. Some say the piercing can heal in 6 months. This is not a guarantee.
Goode suggests waiting until at least age 10 for a second earlobe piercing; 13 for a cartilage piercing; age 14 for nostrils, lips and navels; age 15 for a tragus; and 17 or 18 for an industrial piercing. These piercings are “a bit more intense on the pain scale,” she says, and they take longer to heal.
Can a 12 year old get their helix piercing? No, a 12–year–old teenager doesn’t get a helix piercing, he can get helix piercing after 13 years old. … You need a photo of you with parental consent of getting pierced.
Some would say that 14 years old is still too young to have a piercing done. Ultimately, the laws are left up to each state to decide what is legal. Even though it may be legal in your state for your teenager to have her nose pierced, you still may not feel that she is ready.