– Minors aged 14-18: Written consent from parent or legal guardian for body piercing, PLUS a parent or legal guardian must be present during the procedure. – NO TATTOOS OR BODY PIERCING FOR MINORS UNDER 14. – Parent or legal guardian must be present with minors when in a tattoo/piercing shop AT ALL TIMES.
Subsequently, how old do you have to be to get a belly button piercing by yourself?
Tattooing and Body Piercing of a Minor – It is unlawful for anyone to tattoo or pierce a minor under age 18 without the consent of the minor’s parent or legal custodian, who must accompany them to the procedure.
Furthermore, what piercings can a 12 year old get?
We are here to provide you with nothing less than the best piercing available.
- 14yr+ Navel. Eyebrow. Nostril. Ear Cartilage. Tragus.
- 16yr+ Lip (any) Conch. Rook. Snug. Daith.
- 18yr+ Septum. Nipple. Genitals. Dermal Anchors. Surface piercings. Industrial. Tongue.
What piercings can a 13 year old get?
Piercings for Minors
- Ear Lobe Piercings. For ages 8 and up. …
- Cartilage Piercings (Helix) For ages 13 and up. …
- Bellybutton (Navel) For ages 13 and up. …
- Nose (Nostril) For ages 16 and up.
Getting a tattoo at 13 years old is not common, nor is it easy. Many states require that a minor be tattooed by a licensed physician, or at least in the presence of one. A 13 year old can get a tattoo legally in 22 states (listed above) with written parental consent.
Some would say that 14 years old is still too young to have a piercing done. Ultimately, the laws are left up to each state to decide what is legal. Even though it may be legal in your state for your teenager to have her nose pierced, you still may not feel that she is ready.
Children Ages 16-17: Various Cartilage, Nostrils, Navels. For teens ages 16 & 17, in addition to earlobes, we can also offer various cartilage piercings like tragus and conch (and others!), and nostril piercings. These longer healing piercings (generally 6+ months) take a little more maturity to successfully heal.
Can a 12 year old get their helix piercing? No, a 12–year–old teenager doesn’t get a helix piercing, he can get helix piercing after 13 years old. … You need a photo of you with parental consent of getting pierced.
If you’re 14 to 16 you must bring a parent or guardian. Also, piercings below the neck and on tongues at this age are carried out at the discretion of the piercer. … Tongue piercing is usually perfectly safe but there are some possible risks to teeth and overall health, including chipped teeth or infections.
He noted that 12 is a popular age, but for parents who prefer to do it when their kids are younger, he recommends 4 months, since most babies have had a few tetanus shots by then. Kelly said 12 or 13, the age she got her second piercings, is the ideal age.