Children under 18 years of age who want to have their body pierced must have written permission from a parent. The only circumstances where a child does not need parent permission is for ear piercing if the child is aged 16 years or over.
Subsequently, can I get my ears pierced at 17 without a parent?
– Minors aged 14-18: Written consent from parent or legal guardian for body piercing, PLUS a parent or legal guardian must be present during the procedure. – NO TATTOOS OR BODY PIERCING FOR MINORS UNDER 14. – Parent or legal guardian must be present with minors when in a tattoo/piercing shop AT ALL TIMES.
Considering this, can you get a piercing at 18 without a parent?
Tattooing and Body Piercing of a Minor – It is unlawful for anyone to tattoo or pierce a minor under age 18 without the consent of the minor’s parent or legal custodian, who must accompany them to the procedure.
Can piercing your ear paralyze you?
It is a common myth that if a piercing is not done in the exact correct place that you will become paralyzed. This simply is not true! This myth originated because of a single case where after having her ears pierced, 15 year old Grace Etherington became paralyzed.
We are here to provide you with nothing less than the best piercing available.
- 14yr+ Navel. Eyebrow. Nostril. Ear Cartilage. Tragus.
- 16yr+ Lip (any) Conch. Rook. Snug. Daith.
- 18yr+ Septum. Nipple. Genitals. Dermal Anchors. Surface piercings. Industrial. Tongue.
Legal status of tattooing in the United States
|State||Minimum Age (with parent/guardian consent)||Intoxicated/Impaired Individuals|
|Maine||18 (piercings excepted)||no restrictions|
|Maryland||none specified||no restriction|
|Massachusetts||18 (except body piercing other than genitalia)||no restriction|
Piercings for Minors
- Ear Lobe Piercings. For ages 8 and up. …
- Cartilage Piercings (Helix) For ages 13 and up. …
- Bellybutton (Navel) For ages 13 and up. …
- Nose (Nostril) For ages 16 and up.
Belly Button Rings & Belly Bars | Claire’s US.
Can a 12 year old get their helix piercing? No, a 12–year–old teenager doesn’t get a helix piercing, he can get helix piercing after 13 years old. … You need a photo of you with parental consent of getting pierced.
Do parents need to be there for minors? … Minors (under the age of 18 in the US and under the age of 16 in Canada) will need a parent or legal guardian present to sign the Claire’s Ear Piercing Registry and show a government issued ID before getting started.
Getting a tattoo at 13 years old is not common, nor is it easy. Many states require that a minor be tattooed by a licensed physician, or at least in the presence of one. A 13 year old can get a tattoo legally in 22 states (listed above) with written parental consent.
14 years of age or older with parental consent and proper identification
- Earlobe piercings (no larger than 10 gauge)
- Ear cartilage piercings.
- Navel piercings.
- Facial piercings.
- Oral piercings.
California law requires that a person be at least 18 years of age in order legally to get a tattoo. In fact, according to Penal Code 653 PC, it is a crime to “ink” or administer a tattoo to a minor.