New Ear Piercing Care:
Use a cotton swab (Q-tip) with salt water to clean the area around the hole twice a day. Some recommend using hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, or antibiotic ointment but salt water disinfects and is less damaging to the skin tissue.
Also, how do you clean ear lobe piercings?
How to care for pierced ears
- Always wash your hands before touching newly pierced ears.
- Leave the earrings in your ears for six weeks or more, even at night.
- Regularly wash your ears with soap and water.
- Twist the earrings a few times daily.
- Put rubbing alcohol on your ears.