It might also be tempting to take the barbell out to check out the jewelry or as a way to better cleanse the area. Not only can this cause further irritation, removing the jewelry may allow a newer piercing to close. This can trap bacteria inside your body and allow the infection to spread beyond the piercing site.
Keeping this in view, can I take out my industrial piercing to sleep?
Healing an Industrial Piercing
These piercings are one of the trickiest to heal and they can have cyclical healing where sometimes they seem great and at other times it seems like healing has regressed. You want to avoid sleeping on an industrial piercing because it adds additional pressure on the jewelry.
In respect to this, when should I downsize my industrial piercing?
Your downsize is generally scheduled for anywhere between 2 – 8 weeks after having the piercing done, and in this time that channel won’t be entirely formed just yet and very, very delicate.
Why is my industrial piercing crusty?
Crusting after body piercing is perfectly normal—this is just the result of your body trying to heal itself. 1? Dead blood cells and plasma make their way to the surface and then dry when exposed to air. While perfectly normal, these crusties do need to be cleaned carefully and thoroughly whenever you notice them.
–Never spin the jewelry, move it back and forth, or move it while you’re cleaning it. The jewelry may feel tight or like it’s not moving around and that is OK.
You want to avoid sleeping on an industrial piercing because it adds additional pressure on the jewelry. It will be more likely to have scarring if you sleep on it.
You tend to draw people in with your charming personality, but you only have a few very close friends. You‘re less likely to get hurt that way, because you may look all rough and tumble, but you‘re a big softy on the inside.
If you change the jewelry too early it may open up the piercing to infections and may become very irritated or can even reject the piercing. This is why piercers recommend that you don’t remove it until it’s absolutely healed.
Don’t worry we got you, here are 5 things you need to know before getting an industrial piercing.
- Anatomy. Before going in to get an industrial piercing you want to go to your local piercing studio and get your ear checked by a professional piercer. …
- If You’re Sick Don’t Get It. …
- Clean Your Ears. …
- Reputable Studio. …
- Be Prepared.
Signs that a Piercing is Healed:
- The discharge has completely ended. Understand that there are period when it will cease during healing, so never use discharge as the only sign of the piercing be healed.
- The edges of the piercing holes are smooth and pull inward. …
- The jewelry is loose and moves some what freely.
Rinse it off by taking the water in your hand and splashing it gently on your ear.
- Now you can carry on with your bathing, but make sure that you don’t get shampoo into your piercing when you wash your hair. …
- Use salt spray or a sea salt soak for about three to five minutes a day on the piercing.
The angle of the piercings and distance between the piercings will determine if a barbell industrial piercing is a good selection for you personally. The balls on either side of the barbell are either 5 or 6mm in size.