Body-piercings: legal issues
As a parent, you have to say where the body-piercing can be. In New South Wales, body-piercers aren’t allowed to give teenagers under 16 years piercings in intimate areas, like the genitalia or nipples, even if teenagers have parental permission.
Keeping this in view, what piercings can I get at 16 UK?
Piercing Age Restrictions
|Piercing Types||Minimum Age|
|With Parental Consent||With ID|
|Ear Rim (Scaffold/Industrial, Auricle, Helix etc)||13||16|
|Inner Ear (Conch, Tragus, Daith etc)||13||16|
Considering this, can you get your nose pierced at 12 UK?
In England and Wales, there is no legal age of when you can have a piercing, so long as the person consents to it. This means that if the person receiving the piercing is happy to have it, there is no age restriction. This applies to piercings to the ears, nose, eyebrows and belly button.
What piercings can a 12 year old get?
We are here to provide you with nothing less than the best piercing available.
- 14yr+ Navel. Eyebrow. Nostril. Ear Cartilage. Tragus.
- 16yr+ Lip (any) Conch. Rook. Snug. Daith.
- 18yr+ Septum. Nipple. Genitals. Dermal Anchors. Surface piercings. Industrial. Tongue.
Piercings for Minors
- Ear Lobe Piercings. For ages 8 and up. …
- Cartilage Piercings (Helix) For ages 13 and up. …
- Bellybutton (Navel) For ages 13 and up. …
- Nose (Nostril) For ages 16 and up.
At 16 you can:
- Get married.
- Enter into a civil partnership.
- Consent to lawful sexual intercourse.
- Leave home without your parents/guardians’ consent.
- Apply for your own home through your local council.
- Have access to many more banking facilities, including all adult services, except overdrafts and credit.
14 years of age or older with parental consent and proper identification
- Earlobe piercings (no larger than 10 gauge)
- Ear cartilage piercings.
- Navel piercings.
- Facial piercings.
- Oral piercings.
In the U.K. Body Piercing is an unregulated industry and only requires the studio to be registered with the Environmental Health Department of their local Council.
Ear or Nose Piercing is FREE with the purchase of a starter kit. Starter kits are priced from 84.90 and include the piercing earrings or stud, and standard After Care Lotion. Ear cartilage piercing is subject to an additional charge.
Can a 12 year old get their helix piercing? No, a 12–year–old teenager doesn’t get a helix piercing, he can get helix piercing after 13 years old. … You need a photo of you with parental consent of getting pierced.
Conant included two states that flat-out ban tattoos for minors: California and Maine. Requires written, notarized consent of a minor’s parent or legal guardian in order to tattoo a minor.
Tattooing and Body Piercing of a Minor – It is unlawful for anyone to tattoo or pierce a minor under age 18 without the consent of the minor’s parent or legal custodian, who must accompany them to the procedure.
– Minors aged 14-18: Written consent from parent or legal guardian for body piercing, PLUS a parent or legal guardian must be present during the procedure. – NO TATTOOS OR BODY PIERCING FOR MINORS UNDER 14. – Parent or legal guardian must be present with minors when in a tattoo/piercing shop AT ALL TIMES.
Despite many piercing salons imposing their own age restrictions for body piercings, there is no legal age restriction for any kind of piercing in England and Wales, unlike in Scotland, where people under 16 are required to have a parent’s permission before having ears and other body parts pierced.