New Ear Piercing Care:
Use a cotton swab (Q-tip) with salt water to clean the area around the hole twice a day. Some recommend using hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol, or antibiotic ointment but salt water disinfects and is less damaging to the skin tissue.
Considering this, how do you disinfect a piercing?
- choose a qualified, experienced and licensed piercer.
- clean your piercing twice a day.
- use warm, salty water to soften any crusting.
- gently turn the jewellery while cleaning the piercing.
- use a clean paper towel to dry the piercing.
- gargle with salty water or an alcohol-free mouthwash if you have a mouth piercing.
Also question is, how can I make my ear piercing heal faster?
USE WARM SEA SALT WATER (SALINE) SOAKS – MORNING AND EVENING
Soaking your piercing with a warm, mild sea salt water solution will not only feel good, it will also help prevent infection, reduce the risk of scarring, and speed the healing of your piercing.