A cartilage piercing creates an open wound. As it heals, it may look swollen, lumpy, or like a bump. In the days immediately following a cartilage piercing, the body’s immune system triggers inflammation and swelling to heal the wound, sometimes leading to a cartilage bump.
Keeping this in view, how long do piercing bumps last?
When to see your piercer. It can take several weeks to fully heal a nose piercing bump, but you should see improvement within 2 or 3 days of treatment. If you don’t, see your piercer.
Hereof, how do I get rid of a bump on my piercing overnight?
A sea salt solution is a natural way to keep the piercing clean, help it heal, and reduce any swelling that may be causing an unsightly bump. A person can dissolve ? to ¼ of a teaspoon of sea salt in 1 cup of warm distilled or bottled water, rinse the piercing with the solution, then gently pat it dry.
Can I pop a piercing bump?
Can I pop my nose piercing bump? NO. With keloids and granulomas there’s nothing to pop ‘out’ of your bump. And with pustules, just because you think you’re a dab hand at popping pimples on your face, does not mean you should be popping pustules on your piercings.
A keloid is usually a raised scar with a flat surface. The color tends to darken with time. It usually ends up being darker than the person’s skin, with the border being darker than the center. Feel different than the surrounding skin.
If you aren’t experiencing severe symptoms, you may be able to use the following methods to treat your cartilage bump at home.
- You may need to change your jewelry. …
- Make sure you clean your piercing. …
- Cleanse with a saline or sea salt soak. …
- Use a chamomile compress. …
- Apply diluted tea tree oil.
- Crush three to four aspirin tablets.
- Mix them with enough water to form a paste.
- Apply them to the keloid or wound site. Let it sit for an hour or two, then rinse.
- Repeat once every day until desired results are achieved.
How can you prevent keloids?
- Cover a new wound with a thin layer of petroleum jelly, such as Vaseline, and a nonstick bandage. Hold the bandage in place with tape so that there is even pressure on the wound. …
- After a wound is healed over, use a silicone gel bandage. …
- After ear piercing, use pressure earrings.
What piercings can it be used for? Topically applied tea tree oil is considered safe for most people. This means that tea tree oil is likely safe to use on the external area around most face and body piercings.
There’s no evidence to support using tea tree oil on existing scars, whether they’re acne scars, keloids, or hypertrophic scars. In addition, scars are hard to remove, even with professional laser treatments.