If you don’t have these more serious symptoms, read on for five tips on how to resolve a nose piercing bump.
- You may need to change your jewelry. …
- Make sure to clean your piercing 2 to 3 times a day. …
- Cleanse with a sea salt soak. …
- Use a chamomile compress. …
- Apply diluted tea tree essential oil.
In this way, do piercing bumps go away?
Piercing bumps can be caused by allergies, genetics, poor aftercare, or just bad luck. With treatment, they may disappear completely.
Keeping this in consideration, how do I get rid of a bump on my piercing overnight?
How do I get rid of a bump on my nose piercing overnight?
A sea salt solution is a natural way to keep the piercing clean, help it heal, and reduce any swelling that may be causing an unsightly bump. A person can dissolve ? to ¼ of a teaspoon of sea salt in 1 cup of warm distilled or bottled water, rinse the piercing with the solution, then gently pat it dry.
- Corticosteroid shots. The medicine in these shots helps shrink the scar.
- Freezing the scar. Called cryotherapy, this can be used to reduce the hardness and size of the keloid. …
- Wearing silicone sheets or gel over the scar. This can help flatten the keloid.
- Laser therapy. …
- Surgical removal. …
- Pressure treatment.
Treatment for piercing bumps
keeping piercing jewelry in, without changing or removing it, for at least 6 weeks. washing the hands before touching the piercing. washing the piercing with gentle soap and water once a day. twisting the jewelry inside the piercing a few times a day to keep the hole open.
Tea tree oil has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antiseptic properties that make it a triple threat in piercing aftercare. Not only can it be used to care for certain piercings during their initial healing process, it can also be used long-term to minimize irritation and prevent infection.
- Crush three to four aspirin tablets.
- Mix them with enough water to form a paste.
- Apply them to the keloid or wound site. Let it sit for an hour or two, then rinse.
- Repeat once every day until desired results are achieved.