You might experience swelling (usually 2-3 days after the piercing) this swelling can last 7-10 days.
Subsequently, is it normal for a lip piercing to swell?
Swelling Is Normal for a New Piercing
This action displaces cells and crowds them into one another around the piercing. … Once this happens, the swelling goes down. Without complications, lip piercings heal within six to eight weeks, but can also take as long as six months.
Moreover, how do I know if my lip piercing is rejecting?
Symptoms of piercing rejection
- more of the jewelry becoming visible on the outside of the piercing.
- the piercing remaining sore, red, irritated, or dry after the first few days.
- the jewelry becoming visible under the skin.
- the piercing hole appearing to be getting larger.
- the jewelry looking like it is hanging differently.
Can I put ice on my lip piercing?
Methods to Reduce Swelling in Lip Piercing
You can also consult your health care provider for medications to treat bleeding caused due to lip piercing. Here are some methods on reducing lip piercing swelling. Using ice is considered as the best method used for healing lip piercing.