For the first 5 days or so, swelling, light bleeding, and tenderness is normal. As well, there may be some yellowish discharge from the piercing sites. Anything beyond that could be a sign of a problem, like an infection.
Beside above, how do you know if your snake bite piercing is infected?
Redness or swelling that extends beyond
- minor swelling.
- occasional throbbing.
- mild heat or warmth.
- clear or white discharge.
Similarly one may ask, do snake bites piercings heal?
Snake bite or other lip piercings usually take about two to four months to heal completely. Never attempt to change your jewelry before a piercing is fully healed as this could extend the healing process or cause other complications.
Why is snake bite piercing Dangerous?
Snake Bites Piercing Risks
The biggest risk of having this piercing is that you could end up with damage to your lower teeth, as well as gum problems. You can get gum recession from the jewelry rubbing often against your gums, and the jewelry repeatedly striking and scraping your teeth can cause them damage too.
What is the meaning of snake bite piercing?
A snake bite piercing is actually made up of two lower lip piercings, usually placed close to the edge of the lip equidistant from the center on both the left and right sides. There are actually two types of snake bite piercings: ring piercings and labret studs.
How do you know if your body is rejecting a piercing?
Symptoms of piercing rejection
- more of the jewelry becoming visible on the outside of the piercing.
- the piercing remaining sore, red, irritated, or dry after the first few days.
- the jewelry becoming visible under the skin.
- the piercing hole appearing to be getting larger.
- the jewelry looking like it is hanging differently.
Can an infected piercing kill you?
Tattoos and body piercings provide an opening in the skin that may allow germs to enter your body and cause infections. These infections could cause sepsis. Sometimes incorrectly called blood poisoning, sepsis is the body’s often deadly response to infection. …
How do you reduce swelling from a piercing?
Caring for a piercing site
- Stop any bleeding by applying direct pressure to the piercing site.
- Apply a cold pack to help reduce swelling or bruising. …
- Wash the wound for 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times a day, with large amounts of warm water.
- Elevate the piercing area, if possible, to help reduce swelling.
Can snake bite piercings ruin your teeth?
Like all lip piercings that requires jewelry that goes inside the mouth, the snake bite piercing runs the risk of causing tooth damage such as broken teeth, receding gum lines, enamel wear, and tooth decay.
Can you hide snake bite piercings?
Once the piercing has healed, you can wear a clear retainer. The retainer is smaller than a stud and designed to hide your piercing while keeping the hole filled. You should never use a retainer in the first few days after getting your piercing. … You can also find retainers in a variety of skin tones or beauty marks.
Can you kiss with snake bite piercings?
Avoid hitting their teeth with your piercing.
When you kiss someone, and you have a tongue piercing, snakebites, or a lip ring, it’s important to be mindful of the other person’s teeth. Piercings can chip teeth and cause oral damage for the other person. Be gentle when you are kissing someone and you have a piercing.
What is one snake bite piercing called?
Lip Piercing Names
|Name||What is it||Pain|
|Snake Bites||Double puncture of the lower lip. It is located at an equal distance from the center and it resembles a snake bite.||5/10|
|Angel Bites||Double symmetrical puncture, located on both sides just above the upper lip.||6/10|
How do you treat a snakebite?
- Move beyond the snake’s striking distance.
- Remain still and calm to help slow the spread of venom.
- Remove jewelry and tight clothing before you start to swell.
- Position yourself, if possible, so that the bite is at or below the level of your heart.
- Clean the wound with soap and water.
Do lip piercings affect kissing?
The short answer: Yes. The long answer: kissing someone who has a lip piercing (or when you have a lip piercing) shouldn’t be much different than a normal kiss. … The act of kissing may also introduce bacteria, bodily fluids, or debris (think lip balm, lip stick, or other beauty products) into your fresh piercing.