Herein, how long does snake eyes piercing swelling last?
Swelling and inflammation: Days 4–10
The swelling tends to increase for several days after the piercing, and it may last for a week or slightly longer . The wound may also bleed or ooze.
Also question is, do Snake Eye piercings reject?
Most piercers consider the snake eyes piercing to be unsafe. Most reputable piercing shops refuse to do it. There’s a high risk of rejection as well as gum rejection, cracking or chipping of the teeth. … Health isn’t the only concern stopping people from getting this piercing.
How do you know if your snake eyes piercing is rejecting?
Symptoms of piercing rejection
- more of the jewelry becoming visible on the outside of the piercing.
- the piercing remaining sore, red, irritated, or dry after the first few days.
- the jewelry becoming visible under the skin.
- the piercing hole appearing to be getting larger.
- the jewelry looking like it is hanging differently.
The risks don’t stop there though, he added: “The jewellery itself sits on the back of the teeth. It is almost guaranteed that the client will see gum erosion, cracking/chipping of the teeth, and migration/rejection of the piercing leaving a nasty looking scar.”
On the flip side, don’t:
- use tongue scrapers.
- play with your jewelry.
- engage in french kissing or oral sex until the piercing has completely healed.
- play contact sports with your jewelry in your tongue.
- smoke or drink alcohol during the healing process.
If you (or your teenager) have just had a tongue piercing, you might see a white coating on your tongue. It’s normal bacterial growth that you can reduce with antifungal mouthwash, like Nystatin (like Nystop®).