Although the pain and swelling can disperse after only a few days, and while the outside of a piercing can look as though it has sufficiently healed rather quickly, it’s worth noting that the tissue deep inside the piercing hole will take considerably longer to fully heal and close up, and therefore you should still …
Keeping this in view, how do I make my Medusa swelling go down?
Swollen Medusa Piercing
- Make sure your first stud is large, to allow the swelling.
- Check if your piercer knows what they’re doing.
- Keep your lip as relaxed as possible while being pierced.
- Follow the instructions of your piercer.
- Don’t be lazy with the aftercare.
Moreover, do Medusa piercings make your lips look bigger?
The vertical Medusa will make the top lip seem fuller.
How bad does Medusa hurt?
Does it hurt? Yes. But everyone’s pain tolerance is different, so just how much is hard to say. The area around your philtrum is packed with nerve endings, so it’s bound to hurt more than, say, your earlobes.
You might experience swelling (usually 2-3 days after the piercing) this swelling can last 7-10 days.
It is located above the upper lip just like the Medusa. Piercings are permanent. Once you take them out, you have a hole in your face or other body parts. The nose may heal if you had a very thin piercing and if you only wear it for a short time.
For the first 5 days or so, swelling, light bleeding, and tenderness is normal. As well, there may be some yellowish discharge from the piercing sites. Anything beyond that could be a sign of a problem, like an infection.
Swelling Is Normal for a New Piercing
You may still experience swelling, pain, slow healing, or bleeding. … Once this happens, the swelling goes down. Without complications, lip piercings heal within six to eight weeks, but can also take as long as six months.
- Stop any bleeding by applying direct pressure to the piercing site.
- Apply a cold pack to help reduce swelling or bruising. …
- Wash the wound for 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times a day, with large amounts of warm water.
- Elevate the piercing area, if possible, to help reduce swelling.
Because the fistula (healed hole) in a philitrum piercing touches without jewellery, it wants to close up fast. Some people can take theirs out for a few hours and find the hole is smaller. For some, that might take days, or a week or two. The max closing time is probably 3 months.