Rook piercings are prone to redness and swelling. In most cases this will fade after a few days and usually looks much worst than it is. If the piercing was done with a ring and the placement is correct with the right size it will lay comfortable against the ear.
Just so, how do you make the swelling go down from a rook piercing?
Apply a warm compress or do a sea salt soak
A warm compress can help the infection drain and relieve pain and swelling. Soaking the infection in a warm salt solution can also help the infection heal.
One may also ask, how long does it take for piercing swelling to go down?
about 2 days
How do I know if my rook piercing is rejecting?
Symptoms of piercing rejection
- The jewelry has noticeably moved from its original place.
- The amount of tissue between the entrance and exit holes gets thinner (there should be at least a quarter inch of tissue between holes).
- The entrance and exit holes increase in size.
- The jewelry starts to hang or droop differently.
Yes, you are supposed to move the jewelry up and down to work the soap/piercing wash in and out of the piercing. Do it very gently. … No try to avoid moving it through the piercing channel, especially while healing. It can cause irritation and lead to issues with healing.
Also an important note, the rook is one of the more practical cartilage piercings (in case your pain tolerance is on the lower side). … Plus, the rook is in the ear, so you can sleep on your ear immediately — seriously.
Some piercings, especially ear cartilage piercings, will begin hurting, get red, even swell some if irritated enough when pressure it applied to them for a while like when sleeping. Happens very often with ear cartilage piercings and sleeping on them.
This piercing is mostly known to aide with migraines but it is said to have some effects on stress relief as well. In addition to the Rook piercing, another point heavily associated with anxiety relief is the master cerebral point. This point is found between your earlobe and jaw line.
Caring for a piercing site
- Stop any bleeding by applying direct pressure to the piercing site.
- Apply a cold pack to help reduce swelling or bruising. …
- Wash the wound for 5 minutes, 3 or 4 times a day, with large amounts of warm water.
- Elevate the piercing area, if possible, to help reduce swelling.
Aftercare should be followed until the piercing is fully healed as recommended by your piercer. It is always advisable to try to avoid sleeping on any new ear piercing until fully healed as it can cause problems and delay the healing,” notes Jones.
A daith piercing is located in the innermost fold of your ear. Some people believe that this piercing can help ease anxiety-related migraines and other symptoms.