However, there is a prevailing consensus in some circles nowadays that if you want to show your straight, you get your left ear pierced. If you pierce the right, then you‘re communicating that you are gay. Those in the rap world, along with bikers and pirates, took on the left ear to show that they are straight.
Also know, what age should a boy get his ear pierced?
Similarly one may ask, what piercings can you get at 14?
14 years of age or older with parental consent and proper identification
- Earlobe piercings (no larger than 10 gauge)
- Ear cartilage piercings.
- Navel piercings.
- Facial piercings.
- Oral piercings.
What piercings look best on guys?
The 5 Piercings That Look Great on Any Guy
- Helix Piercing. Similar in reasoning to the earlobes, the Helix is located in the upper cartilage and is a piercing that looks great on guys! …
- Nose Piercing. The nose piercing is becoming more and more popular amongst guys going under the needle. …
- Eyebrow Piercing. …
- Nipple Piercing.
In the early 21st century, a man’s choice of wearing an earring on either ear is a personal choice, regardless of sexuality. During the 1980s and early 1990s, a pierced right ear was associated with male homosexuality, while the left ear indicated heterosexuality.
Some guys pierce their ears because they think that girls find guys with earrings sexy. It was a gift. Many times, the man may have gotten his ear stud as a gift from a girlfriend, wife, or a friend. So he may have pierced his ear or ears so that he could wear it.
Any piercing, no matter who administers it, is a risk. Shopping mall kiosks are generally safe places to get your ears pierced, but it’s still a risk. You can schedule an appointment to have your ears pierced by a dermatologist or other healthcare professional.
By piercing their ears, parents are taking away the child’s opportunity to have such a choice. Additionally, pediatricians from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) require parents to wait until their child is at least 6 months old to get their ears pierced.
Piercings for Minors
- Ear Lobe Piercings. For ages 8 and up. …
- Cartilage Piercings (Helix) For ages 13 and up. …
- Bellybutton (Navel) For ages 13 and up. …
- Nose (Nostril) For ages 16 and up.
We are here to provide you with nothing less than the best piercing available.
- 14yr+ Navel. Eyebrow. Nostril. Ear Cartilage. Tragus.
- 16yr+ Lip (any) Conch. Rook. Snug. Daith.
- 18yr+ Septum. Nipple. Genitals. Dermal Anchors. Surface piercings. Industrial. Tongue.
Some would say that 14 years old is still too young to have a piercing done. Ultimately, the laws are left up to each state to decide what is legal. Even though it may be legal in your state for your teenager to have her nose pierced, you still may not feel that she is ready.
He noted that 12 is a popular age, but for parents who prefer to do it when their kids are younger, he recommends 4 months, since most babies have had a few tetanus shots by then. Kelly said 12 or 13, the age she got her second piercings, is the ideal age.