Safety and precautions
- Don’t apply over-the-counter antiseptics, including Neosporin. …
- Don’t use hydrogen peroxide — this will cause irritation in the piercing.
- Don’t twist or play with your nose jewelry, as this will irritate the piercing.
- Don’t touch your piercing with dirty hands.
Similarly, how long does it take for a nose piercing to fully heal?
Pain and Healing Time
It may be sore, tender, and red for up to 3 weeks. Pierced nostrils heal completely in about 2 to 4 months. A pierced septum heals in about 3 to 4 months.
Simply so, what can you not eat after a nose piercing?
It is always advisable to use an ayurvedic antiseptic on a regular basis after piercing your nose at least for two weeks. Make sure that you wash your hands before applying the ointment. Also, avoid eating any sour fruit for a week. This will heal the area faster and prevent any infection.
How can I make my nose piercing heal faster?
Use proper aftercare
- cleaning the area with a saline solution twice a day.
- not removing jewelry before a nose piercing has healed, which can take 4–6 months.
- avoiding moving jewelry, playing with it, or knocking the piercing while getting dressed.
How Do You Know When Your Nose Piercing is Healed? Most nostril piercings will take roughly about 2-3 months at the minimum to be completely healed. After that time a good rule of thumb is if you go a good solid 2-3 weeks without seeing any crust or discharge then your piercing could possibly be healed.
After getting a nose piercing, it’s normal to have some swelling, redness, bleeding, or bruising for a few weeks. As your piercing starts to heal, it’s also typical for: the area to itch. whitish pus to ooze from the piercing site.
Can I take a shower with my new nose piercing? Yes, but despite showering as you would normally, the last thing you’d have to do is to clean out the piercing correctly. After or while showering, you’d have to lather up the area with some mold, anti-bacterial soap with clean hands, then wash the piercing area gently.
DO NOT use moisturizing soaps like Dove and Olay or antibacterials like Dial. These soap additives leave a residue that builds up in piercing and can contribute to irritation bumps.
Ready to get your nose piercing?
- Consider your professional #goals. …
- Talk to anyone and everyone with a nose piercing. …
- Don’t let myths freak you out. …
- Choose your nose piercing. …
- Get ready to go under the needle. …
- Clean that nose piercing constantly.